Friday, April 19, 2013

Under the Never Sky series review

                               Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)

Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.

Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.

If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.

Under the Never Sky series: I have to admit, I almost flounced this one in the beginning. The story layout was very slow, and I was confused at first. However, once I got a grip on the world Rossi created I was absolutely hooked.

Again, what a wonderful, original plotline… So very rare nowadays.

And the female lead here is also so strong that I find her captivating. In some books, the author attempts to write a strong female character but focuses on how she’s so strong too much that it leaves me not really buying her strength. If you have to point it out so much than it ain’t equal, if you get my drift. With Aria, I didn’t find myself comparing her to the male lead or not thinking she could handle whatever was thrown her way. She was equally vulnerable, emotional, strong, and courageous as her male counterpart.

LOVE IT!

Also, I think the friendship between Aria and Roar is wonderfully written. No Jacob side-busting on this romance, but a true friendship regardless of gender. Great job, Rossi!

                                             
                        

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio